Monday, April 11, 2011

AHA! Another recipe! XD


Fig, prosciutto, and fontina panini served with a blood orange and baby herb salad topped with a homemade salad dressing. (having issues with image size!)

Panini:
Fresh crusty italian bread
1 oz. prosciutto (I used boars head)
1 oz. finely shredded fontina (boars head again)
1/2 oz. baby arugula leaves
1 1/2 tblspn. fig preserves (Honestly harder to find than I expected! But, Central Market came through for us!)

Layer onto bread and cook in a panini press (I use a stovetop one. Of course, a grill pan with something flat and handled to press the sandwiches down works just as well!)

Salad Dressing:
Juice from one blood orange (Any orange would work, but I actually got my hands on blood oranges so by gosh, I'm'a use 'em!!)
2 tspns finely minced shallot
1 tblspn honey (did you know that eating uncooked local honey on a daily basis can help you fight off seasonal allergies?)
2 tblspn white wine vinegar
whisk together, pour over 6-8 cups mixed baby greens, top with one orange, chopped. This was delicious, and very low cal!

No comments:

Post a Comment